Recommended reads, listens, views for parents to-be.
- Childbearing Society Prenatal Classes (Vancouver)
- Birth Takes a Village with Jessica Austin (home birth focus)
- Dancing Star Birth (Vancouver)
- Birth Transitions (Coquitlam, Port Moody, Maple Ridge)
- Others all over the lower mainland area and in languages other than English
- Hypnobabies free MP3 downloads
- Hypnobabies Home Study Course
- Hypnomammas (Jenn Lasek)
- Hypnobirthing Vancouver (Helen Tang)
- A great jumping off point –> naturalbreastfeeding.com
- Shaz Tayebi, Lactation Consultant –> Shaz holds a breastfeeding drop-in every first and third Wednesday of the month, 11:00-12:30 pm at Pacific Midwifery (1540 W 2nd Avenue, Vancouver) by donation
- Dallas Parson, Lactation Consultant –> Dallas also has a monthly drop-in breastfeeding cafe for moms
Postpartum Care & Healing
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
- Dr. Jolene Brighten is a naturopathic doctor who has tons of info on postpartum health, including information on how to regulate hormones post-birth. She also has a book! (see below)
- Boda Health (Vancouver) –> pregnancy massage & acupuncture; fertility treatments; Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Edmond Chen Acupuncture (Vancouver)
- Fear Free Childbirth Podcast with Alexia Leachman –> I particularly enjoyed the episodes about hypnobirthing (“Preparing your mindset for birth”) and “Hospital or home birth interview with Sonia Killik” (Note: this one is very biased toward home birth).
- toLabor Doula Podcast –> The interview with a labour and delivery nurse episode #97 is very interesting; great conversation from both sides (hospital nurse and doula).
Are there any other books, websites, or podcasts that you have found helpful? Please feel free to share in the comments!